Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Petite Professional Fashion

Since I am 5'4" and have a small frame, I have been having a hard time finding clothes that fit me this season. Everything seems to be flowy, loose, and large. I also dislike floral, animal, and horizontal stripe patterns which also knocks out quite a bit of clothing to choose from. To build up my professional wardrobe, I have been looking for blouses and shirts to go under suits. I have grey, brown, and black slacks as well as brown and black suit jackets (I got a lot of great deals on brand names like Ralph Lauren and Banana Republic at a Goodwill and a bazaar in Maryland when I was visiting my family for Spring Break). I went to Belk and got a couple of neon tank tops in green and pink, went to Kohl's and got a white and black striped skirt, and purchased two black belts from White House Black Market. Victoria's biggest secret is that they actually sell more than just lingerie! Online I ordered some fitted button shirts and a dress so I hope that the sizes fit! I still need to find some professional looking shoes. My shoe of choice is the Flojos fake leather flip flop, which I don't think will pair well with a suit :( I'm quite terrible in pumps and my favorite flats brand, Rocket Dog, started making their shoes narrower and narrower, so I need to find a new fave flat. Online at dsw.com, the Fergalicious and the Dollhouse flats look promising. I hope I can find ways to make my individual pieces versatile and when Fall comes, I'll probably look into leggings.