Monday, June 11, 2012

Dolled Up: Designing an Oversized Dollhouse



My clothing order from Victoria's Secret came in and I was super excited to try everything on. Sadly the fit was not what I hoped for but I'm hoping with some accessories and maybe if they shrink a little in the wash it will be the perfect attire for my first university teaching assignment. I tried all the tops on with a silk black skirt and luckily it goes with pretty much everything.
I also went to Michael's Arts and Crafts Store to look for home decor that fits in with my theme of "Oversized Dollhouse." I already have a large lime green shoe-shaped chair, a life-sized mannequin, two giant teacup shaped planters and now I have giant clothespins! I think I want to design oversized buttons and bows for the wall, maybe using a laser-cutter and some paint :) I also saw a huge stop watch at Bealls Outlet which maybe could fit into an Alice in Wonderland twist on the theme!